I have been interning with Rhythm Communications for over a year and have enjoyed every minute of it! I have learned more about the in’s and out’s of the marketing field while having the chance to be mentored by some of the brightest professionals in the industry! I plan to graduate from the University of Georgia in May 2021, and I feel well equipped for a career in this field after graduation because of my experience with Rhythm.
A vital lesson I have learned during my time here is the importance of time management. Between the demands of going to school full time and completing my internship responsibilities, I have definitely learned to prioritize my tasks in order to set myself up for success in both arenas.
Some tips I found helpful with balancing school and work include:
- Keep a planner and make sure all your responsibilities are listed there to avoid a late assignment or missed deadline.
- Make a daily to-do list and try your best to stick to it! This has been SO helpful for me.
- Take some time to get outside and move your body! Physical activity keeps my mind fresh and ready for the tasks at hand.
- Figure out what time of day you are most productive and try to get most of your responsibilities taken care of during that time. For example, I work best in the morning, so I try to get all my schoolwork and internship responsibilities done during that time.
- Prioritize open communication with your professors and work colleagues! This will ensure you are on the same page with everyone about expectations.
- Just do what you say you’re going to do and everything will be okay 🙂
I strongly encourage any student to complete an internship during college if possible. Feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about what this experience has been like.
Overall, I am so thankful for what I have learned during my time with Rhythm and am excited to continue learning from this team.