This past fall, the Rhythm Communications team had the opportunity to support Sports Turf Company and Game Changers Foundation with its Athlete 2 Athlete video series. The free, weekly Zoom-based show, hosted by UGA Legend and former NFL player Rennie Curran, was created to help athletes excel throughout their sport and life. Guests included a variety of well-known athletes, coaches, trainers, nutrition experts and more.
High school superintendents, athletic directors, coaches, athletes and their parents were encouraged to attend the webinars for a chance to win a $500 donation to their athletic department provided by Sports Turf each week.
Rhythm produced the live Zoom show, scheduled guests, provided a run-of-show, promoted on social media, created email campaigns, and designed social tiles. The firm also worked with the athletes to encourage them to promote the webinar, which gained large amounts of interaction and feedback. After each webinar, the Athlete 2 Athlete guests were thrilled to network and spread the word about the series.
“Since the webinars were targeted for student-athletes, I never thought I would learn and become as interested in the discussions as I did,” said Rhythm Communications Account Manager Caroline Seeman. “It was extremely rewarding to prep and live stream these weekly webinars while getting the chance to work with the impressive speakers throughout the series.”
Celebrities featured in the Athlete 2 Athlete webinar included:
- NFL Hall of Famer Champ Bailey
- Psychiatrist Dawn Brown, MD
- Former NFL Player Ronnie Brown
- Former NFL Player Orson Charles
- University of Georgia Track, Field & Cross Country Athlete Grace Clements
- Women’s Professional Tackle Football Player Santia Deck
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Saadiq El-Amin, MD, PhD
- Baseball Player & Broadcaster Jeff Francoeur
- Author & Keynote Speaker Jon Gordon
- Recruiting Expert Dr. Gary Green
- “Safety” movie inspiration Ray Ray McElrathbey
- Texas Rangers Baseball Club Peak Performance Director Josiah Igono
- Recruiting Educator and Former College Head Coach Renee Lopez
- Former UGA Running Back and Washington Redskins Draft Pick Keith Marshall
- Pope High School Athletic Director Josh Matthews
- US Women’s World Cup Champion Jessica McDonald
- Super Bowl LI Champion Malcolm Mitchell
- Former NFL Player Derrick Morgan
- ESPN Broadcaster and former NFL Player David Pollack
- Former UGA Head Coach Mark Richt
- MLB Player and Author Chris Singleton
- Athletes Nutrition Founder Jaclyn Sklaver
- Sports Performance Training Expert Chip Smith
- Former NFL All-Pro Chuck Smith
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Krystal Sterling
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Dr. Sharif Tabbah
- H.S. Academic Support Eric Thigpen
- First Female NFL Coach Jen Welter
- NFL Player & Author Thomas Williams
- Heisman Trophy Winner and Foundation Leader Danny Wuerffel
Sports Turf Company is a sports facility construction company based in Whitesburg, Ga. Rhythm has had the opportunity to work with the Sports Turf team since 2018 and has supported its efforts throughout public relations, event management, sponsorships, the Corky Kell Classic and more.
Game Changers is a 501c3 nonprofit founded by Curran. The foundation’s mission is to lead athletes – from high school through retired professionals – to achieve their fullest potential in the game of life.